Welcome to JKs Rough String Ranch

Welcome to the Rough String, and thanks for stoppin' by!! Grab a hot cup of coffee and sit a spell!
10/22/18 You will see a name change on the blog. Lots of things have changed in my life in the past few years, and I feel compelled to share my story.

What's your health score?
Just Take Your FREE Health Assessment: Click Here
Please DO NOT copy or reproduce my photos or writing in any way without my permission...just ask!!!

Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Chinks

I believe on my very 1st post just a couple of weeks ago, I took a pic of a pair of chinks that I've been working on for my husband. I finally got them done today!!

A little history~~My husband received a pair of deer skin shotgun chaps from a very close, dear friend that is no longer riding. The friend had received them from a friend of his that quit riding.

What's with THAT???!!!???...I plan on riding until I die!!! Anywho...

My husband is 6' 2" and our friend is a little bit shorter, well a lot shorter~~sorry Gene ;~). The chaps were 6-8" too short! After some research and figuring, I decided I could turn the shotgun's into a pair of chinks. I'm kicking myself for not taking a pic of them before I started...but who knew?



This is my leather bench in the back room.







I took out the zippers, removed the fringe, traced a pattern from a friend's pair and cut.
Then I re-attached the fringe using leather lace with a very simple lacing pattern.







Now...I'm ready to attach the buckles, straps, and conchos.






I've got all my parts and pieces ready.








Of course a little liquid refreshment is always enjoyable.
Yep, I drank the whole thing...took me all afternoon!







I marked where the conchos would go and attached the straps.
Leather conchos were glued to the chinks as the base for stability.







Buckles were then attached on the backside of the chinks.






Then the metal conchos were attached on top of the leather conchos with latigo strips.
TaaaaaaDAH...They're DONE!!!!!!


I think were ready for the husband to model them for us...yes?












Front view






Back view...hmmmm...yum...yep!





I think he likes 'um!!







Yep, another satisfied customer...errrrr husband :~)

7 comments:

  1. WOW! You are talented girl!

    Love them, great job! Great looking cowboy model you got there! Love the back view~ahem what cowgirl wouldn't!?!?!?

    Love his wild rag, very bold! Hubby loves wearing his, but it normally doesn't get cold enough for very long here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm impressed!! You did a great job! Oh, and the cowboy...not bad - not bad at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo!! Hubby's posing made me smile. Looks like he doesn't mind that his bee-hind will be viewed by a million cowgirls! Great work and the fact that you took on the project makes it even more sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so talented!! They look fabulous and hubby looks very pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! I think you found a new career! Maybe hubby too, as a model, hee! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Let me know what's on your mind~~